Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsCarbon

Dozens Ill From Toxic Fumes

February 22, 1985|Associated Press

BOSTON — Toxic fumes from a malfunctioning boiler room spread through a downtown hotel today, sickening dozens of people and forcing at least 13 to seek hospital treatment.

Deputy Fire Chief Paul Christian said dozens of guests at the Howard Johnson's 57 Park Plaza Hotel passed out when the fumes came out of a boiler room adjacent to sixth-floor conference rooms. He said the gas-fired hot water boiler apparently did not ignite properly and gave off a combination of carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|