Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Westside Digest

Santa Monica

March 14, 1985

Four college employees and four students were treated at Santa Monica Hospital and released after a student apparently spilled sulfuric acid in the Santa Monica College Learning Resources Center on Friday.

According to campus police, an unidentified student was seen entering the Learning Resources Center at noon carrying sulfuric acid in a soft-drink can in his backpack.

The acid ate through the can and started dripping from the backpack to the floor. After attempting to clean up the spill, the student fled, police said. The acid ate an 18-inch hole in the carpet in front of the main desk in the center. The building was closed for four hours.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|