Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

The Region

March 17, 1985

A 29-year-old woman and her 5-year-old daughter died of smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in the kitchen of their Duarte apartment. Residents in the six-building apartment complex at 1235 Highland Ave. told investigators they smelled smoke about 3 a.m. Saturday, but no one reported it until shortly before noon. When firefighters arrived, the fire was out. The victims, whose names are being withheld until relatives are notified, were found in a bedroom. "When we arrived, there was food on the stove and a flame under a burned pot," said a county Fire Department captain.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|