Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Fire Damages Apartment

March 24, 1985

The bedroom of a Costa Mesa apartment was destroyed Saturday morning in a fire sparked by an electric blanket, according to the Orange County Fire Department.

Damage, including contents, was estimated at $8,000.

County Fire Investigator John McMasters said the residents of the apartment at 2608 Santa Ana Ave. had forgotten to turn off the blanket when they left Saturday morning. They were not at home when the fire was discovered and reported shortly before noon, McMasters said.

"(The electric blanket) was left on and thrown back over itself," McMasters said, "which can cause insulated heat."

Sixteen county and Newport Beach firefighters arrived and found the bedroom "pretty well" engulfed in flames, McMasters said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|