Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Guild Signs Lease for New Headquarters

August 04, 1985

Work is under way to turn the former Hollywood Congregational Church at 7065 Hollywood Blvd. into the new headquarters of the Screen Actors Guild, which has been housed at 7750 Sunset Blvd. since 1956.

Built in 1920, the church was recently sold to Thomas Harnsberger and Nick Olaerts when most of the congregation decided to move to a new church in Agoura. Members of the Screen Actors Guild just signed a lease with an option to buy the existing premises, including a parking structure yet to be built, for $6 million.

Two church buildings are expected to be rehabilitated into a total of 30,000 square feet of office space before the Guild and its 120-member staff relocates in early 1986. Joe Hooper & Associates are completing space planning and interior design, and Bill King and his AlterTects Inc. is the architect in charge. The rehabilitation work is a project of Westmark Development Inc.

The 15-year lease plus three consecutive five-year renewal options was negotiated by Julien J. Studley Inc. The Guild also has the option to lease adjacent buildings at 7051-7059 Hollywood Blvd. at the same rates and terms. The rent is $1.85 a square foot per month, including base real property taxes and utilities.

The Guild's projected move was heralded by Hollywood Heritage and local civic leaders as another step in the revitalization of Hollywood.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|