James H. Garrity has been appointed director of the John Tracy Clinic. The appointment, made by the board of directors, was effective Sept. 1. Garrity succeeds Edgar L. Lowell who recently retired after 31 years of service to the deaf community.
The Los Angeles-based clinic, founded in 1942 by Mrs. Spencer Tracy, is a private, nonprofit educational center that serves deaf preschool children and their parents. Information about clinic services is available by calling (213) 748-5481.