LONG BEACH — Owners of the Queensway Bay Hilton Hotel have temporarily withdrawn from Harbor Commission consideration a revised plan to construct a large addition to the hotel.
The revised plan was pulled from the commission's Tuesday agenda after port planners recommended that it be rejected.
Hilton owners gained final port and Planning Commission approval for a 37-story, 355-room addition in January. But an altered plan submitted last week calls for construction of 508 rooms and would require another full environmental review, said Byron Buck, project coordinator for the Long Beach Harbor Department.
Such a review could not be completed by the Hilton's Jan. 17 deadline to begin construction, so port planners opposed it, Buck said.
"The number of rooms was acceptable," he said, "but the change would delay the project, and that's what the board doesn't want."
Harbor commissioners gave Hilton co-owner J. Jay Feinberg until Monday to submit another version of the expansion plan. Feinberg declined comment.