Woodford & Bernard Architects, which traces its beginnings back to John Parkinson, pioneer Los Angeles architect, has moved from its Los Angeles offices of 40 years at 410 N. La Brea Ave., to newly leased space at 2500 Wilshire Blvd.
One of the oldest architectural firms west of Chicago, it now occupies 10,000 square feet of space, about three times more space than it had occupied in its longtime home, according to H. Douglas Wynn, chief executive.
The expansion will better accommodate the staff of 27 and "will allow the firm to have its computer-aided drafting system on-line within the year," Wynn added. His offices are in San Diego where the firm has a staff of 16.
John Parkinson, who later became the dean of Southern California architecture, started his practice here in 1894 and was associated with his son Donald in designing Los Angeles City Hall, Memorial Coliseum, Union Station and the Bullocks Wilshire building.