Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Orange County Digest

CYPRESS : Woman Alerted by Dog Escapes Blaze in Home

December 24, 1985|Gary Jarlson \f7

A dog named Bozo was being credited Monday with saving the life of his 68-year-old owner during a fire at her home.

According to fire officials, Bozo awakened Patricia Boxley when a fire broke out shortly before midnight, and together they escaped.

The woman's other dog and a cat, however, died in the flames that erupted at 11:47 p.m., apparently caused by a faulty extension cord under a couch, authorities said.

The fire, which caused an estimated $30,000 damage to the residence at 8521 1/2 La Homa St., was extinguished in 11 minutes by Orange County Fire Department units.

The woman was taken to La Palma Community Hospital for observation and later released. She was staying with friends Monday.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|