Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsEducation

South Bay Digest

South Bay : Benefit Show for Schools

January 02, 1986

The Torrance and El Segundo unified school districts are two of five districts in Los Angeles and Ventura counties selected for benefit performances by the education division of the Music Center of Los Angeles County.

The Torrance performance will be held Feb. 9, El Segundo's on April 19.

The districts will keep 60% of the proceeds from tickets for arts education programs. The remaining 40% is used for the 15 major educational projects of the Music Center educational division.

The program, "Paramount Presents," is made possible by a $25,000 contribution from Paramount Pictures Corp., which has sponsored it for three years.

Other districts that will have performances are Wilsona School District in Palmdale, Arcadia Unified School District and Oxnard School District.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|