Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Diners Routed in Restaurant Fire

January 09, 1986

Diners at a Van Nuys restaurant were forced to flee Wednesday when a fire broke out about 11:45 a.m. in the building's boiler room, authorities said.

No one was injured in the blaze, which caused an estimated $200,000 damage to Billingsley's restaurant, 6550 Odessa Ave., Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Greg Acevedo said.

The fire, which spread to the restaurant's attic, was brought under control about 12:15 p.m., Acevedo said. Ten engine companies responded, he said.

The fire was started by a short in an electrical panel, Acevedo said. There was an estimated $150,000 damage to the single-story structure and $50,000 to the contents, he said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|