Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

The Region

January 09, 1986

Rum exploded as it was poured on a flaming beef dish at a Corona restaurant table, seriously burning a man and his son. Harold Gotts, 40, suffered second- and third-degree burns on his face, arms and chest. David Gotts, 9, had second-degree burns on his face and arms, said Corona Fire Capt. Randy Hoggard. The victims, both Corona residents, were in stable condition at UC Irvine Medical Center. The accident at the Chuck Wagon Cafe occurred when a flaming dish was brought to the table and 151-proof rum was poured on it by a restaurant employee, Hoggard said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|