Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

INDUSTRY NOTES

Engineering Services Firm Acquired by Comarco Inc.

January 12, 1986

Comarco Inc. of Anaheim completed its recent buying binge Friday with the announcement that it has acquired International Business Services Inc., a Washington, D.C.-based engineering services company. Terms were not disclosed.

The purchase, Comarco's third in as many months, expands the company's markets for its basic computer and engineering services as well as minimizes its reliance on military contracts for business. With all three purchases, Comarco's revenues are expected to jump from the estimated $35 million collected in 1985 to about $55 million.

In November, Comarco acquired SDL Corp. of San Jose, which provides computer software services for the military and in early December it bought an 82% interest in Decisions and Designs , another high technology company. Comarco said it expects to buy the remaining 18% of the company shortly.

International Business Services is a privately held company which supplies engineering and technical services to government agencies. It has offices in Denver, San Diego, and Virginia.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|