The building that houses Finney's Cafeteria, a downtown Los Angeles historic-cultural monument at 217 West 6th St., has been sold for $750,000.
Finney's first opened in 1914 as The Chocolate Shoppe and was expected to be the first in a chain of soda parlors depicting different European countries. However, additional shops never opened. Pasadena artist Ernest A. Batchelder created cartoons, ceramic tiles and ornamentation for the downtown store, which featured scenes of Holland.
Net Investments Co. sold the building to the 217 West 6th St. Partnership, which plans to renovate the exterior and upper floors of the structure while leaving Finney's space intact. Convest Realty Group of Encino represented both parties.