Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Man Sentenced to 6 Months for Making Obscene Telephone Calls

April 10, 1986

A South Bay man who police believe made as many as 1,000 obscene telephone calls to women on the Westside and in the South Bay was sentenced last Friday to six months in County Jail, according to Richard de la Sota, deputy district attorney at Inglewood Municipal Court.

David Arthur Cohen, 26, who told victims his name was Tom Springer, was also ordered to pay about $4,000 to the telephone company for the costs of the telephone taps that resulted in his arrest last November, de la Sota said.

Cohen, who was originally charged with 11 counts of making obscene telephone calls, pleaded guilty last month to six counts. He was sentenced by Municipal Court Judge Arthur Vassie.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|