Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

35 Hurt in Toxic Leak

April 24, 1986

Thirty-five people suffered minor eye and throat irritation Wednesday after being exposed to highly toxic carbon disulfide after a chemistry class experiment went awry at St. Monica's High School in Santa Monica. Officials said the victims were taken to area hospitals, where they were treated and released. A fire captain said the carbon disulfide's container caught on fire during a demonstration of how the chemical burns.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|