Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsHospitals

48 Stricken by Fumes at Hollywood Boys' Club

July 19, 1986

A combination of chlorine and muriatic acid fumes from a spill at the swimming pool at the Boys' Club of Hollywood sent 45 children and three staff members to hospitals Friday afternoon for treatment of respiratory complaints. There apparently were no serious injuries.

The executive director of the club, Mark V. Chow, said about 300 youngsters were at the club when a jug of muriatic acid spilled on the outdoor pool's chlorinator about 1:30 p.m., forming a cloud of gas.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|