Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsLos Angeles

'Worm in the Constitution'

August 12, 1986

I have a better idea than repeal of the 22nd Amendment.

Rather than a three- or four-term President, let us simply make Ronald and Nancy Reagan the King and Queen of America.

New York City could hold a gala coronation celebration, and the Army Corps of Engineers could build the Reagans a luxurious palace on their Santa Barbara ranch. From there they could reign, in the manner of the British royal family, for the rest of their lives.

That should greatly please the 60% of Americans who find President Reagan a paragon of presidential performance. Meanwhile, the other 40% of us may be able to elect a President of intelligence, integrity, leadership, ability and statesmanship, who could actually run the country.

GREG RAMIREZ

Los Angeles

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|