Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

13 Nevada Casino Patrons Felled by Fumes

August 20, 1986|Associated Press

WENDOVER, Nev. — State officials began searching Tuesday for the cause of fumes that forced evacuation of a casino and sent at least 13 people to hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.

About 500 patrons of the Stateline Hotel-Casino here, including two pregnant women, were evacuated late Monday when fumes, possibly from the club's air-conditioning system, began affecting some patrons.

Larry Matheis, administrator of Nevada's Health Division, said 30 people reported some illness but only 13 required treatment in Salt Lake City hospitals.

The hotel-casino, which has 248 rooms, was booked solid because races were being held at the Bonneville Salt Flats nearby.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|