Advertisement

Dryer Starts Federal Building Fire

November 07, 1986

Three thousand government workers were evacuated from the Federal Building in downtown Los Angeles this morning when an overheated electric dryer started a small but smoky fire in the sub-basement of the eight-story structure about 8:30 a.m.

Acting building manager John Tate said there was no panic, no one was injured and everyone was out of the building in 11 minutes. The blaze burned itself out before Los Angeles Fire Department units arrived. Firefighters used blowers to clear the smoke from the building and allowed the workers to return.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|