The Board of Directors, which last week approved the first rock concert to be held at the Rose Bowl in four years, has approved a second concert at the stadium in July, despite long-standing complaints from residents over noise and traffic.
The board voted 4 to 2 on Monday in favor of the July 10 concert featuring a country-Western group, the Oak Ridge Boys, but banned the city from negotiating for any other concerts at the Rose Bowl until the city's Arroyo Seco Task Force develops a policy for the stadium's use, said David Jacobs, director of the city's Community Services Agency.
Last week, the board approved a six-hour rock and soul concert for June 20 over objections from homeowners, who said the concert will undermine the work of the task force and encourage other concerts at the bowl.
The Oak Ridge Boys concert will benefit the Lincoln Training Center, a South El Monte center for the developmentally disabled. The rock-soul concert will benefit the National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People, Jacobs said.