Former police reservist Eric Milse filed a $21-million claim against the city last week, saying he was wrongfully fired.
Milse, 39, said in his claim that his Dec. 24 discharge followed a 30-day suspension and two internal investigations that he called "shams."
Public Safety Director Steve Wisniewski declined to comment.
Milse, who had been with the Police Department in the part-time postion for 5 1/2 years, said police officials continually promised him full-time employment but five of his six applications for available positions were lost or misplaced.
He also said in his claim that he did the work of full-time police officers but was not paid at the higher wage scale.