Advertisement

Digest

Artesia : Building Named for Little

August 20, 1987

The activities building in Artesia Park has been named the Albert O. Little Community Center after the 60-year resident of the community who is its official historian and photographer. The Artesia City Council has unanimously approved the naming to honor Little, 87, who continues to be active in civic affairs and regularly attends monthly council meetings.

In 1986, the council commissioned Little and historian C. Richard Arena to collect historical data and prepare an oral history of the 111-year-old community. The two are working on the project.

Little, who is known as "Mr. Artesia," moved there in 1926. He owned and managed Al's Auto Shop on the town's main street, Pioneer Boulevard, until 1953. He also has been general manager of the Chamber of Commerce several times.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|