Answers to the questions posed on Page 1:
1) Electric trains don't have smoke.
2) The ant is approaching Times Square at 181 inches per second. It doesn't matter how fast the man eats; since the ant is walking way from his mouth at 1 ips (which, in this case, would be 3 ips relative to the hot dog), it is moving toward Times Square 1 ips faster than the man is.
3) Norman, while Louise had had "had had," had had "had." "Had had" had had the teacher's approval.
4) The word "dune" most easily fits with the others, since all the words may be preceded by the word "sand."
5) One of the coins is not a quarter--it is a dime. The other coin, of course, is a quarter. 6) As the doughnut expands, it keeps its same proportions; so the hole also gets bigger. The next time you can't open the metal lid on a stubborn jar, heat the lid under hot water. The lid, inner circumference and all, will expand, and then you can loosen it easily.