Undefeated Capistrano Valley High School was the unanimous choice as the top-ranked team in the Orange County Sportswriters' Assn. prep football poll, succeeding South Coast League rival El Toro.
El Toro fell to fourth after the Chargers were upset by El Modena, 10-7, Friday night. The loss snapped El Toro's 17-game winning streak.
The writers' poll:
Pos. School (League),Record 1. Capistrano Valley (South Coast) 4-0
2. Sunny Hills (Freeway) 4-0
3. Servite (Angelus) 3-0-1
4. El Toro (South Coast) 3-1
5. Bolsa Grande (Garden Grove) 4-0
6. Santa Ana (Century) 3-1
7. El Dorado (Empire) 4-0
8. Esperanza (Empire) 3-1
9. Newport Harbor (Sea View) 4-0
10. Mission Viejo (South Coast) 3-1
Others Receiving Votes: Valencia (3-1), Mater Dei (3-1) and Rancho Alamitos (4-0).