Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

BRIEFLY

October 13, 1987

Australian brewer Bond Corp. Holdings Ltd. said it has acquired 91% of G. Heileman Brewing Co. of La Crosse, Wis., and plans to buy the remaining 9% of the firm. The $1.22-billion buyout creates one of the world's largest brewers. Bond said its Amber Acquisition Corp. subsidiary accepted 21.8 million Heileman shares under a previously announced tender offer of $40.75 a share. The offer expired at midnight Friday. Heileman is the nation's fourth-largest brewer. Bond is Australia's second-largest beer producer.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|