Advertisement

Man Accused of Killing Boy Is Ordered to Stand Trial

October 28, 1987

A judge on Tuesday ordered a Spring Valley man to stand trial for murder in the killing of a 3-year-old boy who was stabbed 11 times, strangled and left in a dumpster.

San Diego Municipal Judge Robert Stahl set a Nov. 10 arraignment for Timothy Duane Wilson, 22. Wilson remains in County Jail without bail.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Harry Elias said Tuesday that his office is still considering filing special circumstances allegations in the Aug. 13 killing of Luke Mackey of Spring Valley. If so, Wilson could face the death penalty if he is convicted of first-degree murder. He also faces a sexual assault charge in the case.

On Monday during Wilson's preliminary hearing, a friend of Wilson testified he saw Wilson carrying the 3-year-old boy who was later found stabbed to death.

The boy had been left in a car in front of a grocery store at the Spring Valley Shopping Center by the mother's boyfriend, Roddy Proctor, 41. The boy was apparently taken from the car.

Proctor, who finished testimony Tuesday, admitted he lied to his girlfriend, Dorothy Mackey, and to sheriff's deputies when he initially told them he had lost the boy in the store. Two days later he told detectives he had left the boy in the car.

Wilson, who has pleaded innocent, had been living in his van, which was parked at a nearby car wash.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|