Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

The Nation

November 01, 1987

Swiss officials said they will release the remaining documents on Swiss bank accounts requested by U.S. authorities investigating the Iran-Contra affair. A Justice Ministry spokesman said the documents, weighing about 66 pounds, will be turned over Tuesday in Bern. Independent counsel Lawrence E. Walsh requested the documents to aid his investigation of the diversion of proceeds from U.S. arms sales to Iran to U.S.-backed rebels in Nicaragua. On Aug. 20, Switzerland's supreme court lifted bank secrecy rules on the accounts, but the transfer had been held up while account holders appealed.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|