Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

17 Held in Philippines Killings

November 04, 1987|Associated Press

MANILA — The military today said 17 people have been detained in connection with the slaying of two U.S. soldiers, a retired American serviceman and a Filipino outside Clark Air Base.

Lt. Col. Amado Espino Jr., police commander in Angeles City, told reporters that 11 men were picked up Tuesday as part of the inquiry into the Oct. 28 killings near the base 50 miles north of Manila. Six others were picked up last week and remain in custody on preliminary charges of illegal weapons possession, Espino said. None has been formally charged with the unprecedented killings, but he said at least six are members of the Communist New People's Army.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|