Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsEvacuations

500 Flee Toxic Fumes at Oklahoma Capitol Site

November 06, 1987|United Press International

OKLAHOMA CITY — Emergency crews Thursday forced fresh air through a state Capitol building to clear out toxic sulfuric acid fumes that injured four employees and caused about 500 others to evacuate their offices.

Employees vacated the Will Rogers Building for about three hours before being allowed back into their offices at about noon. The fumes came from overheated batteries used as backup power for a computer system, officials said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|