Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsStroke

Hahn Briefly Hospitalized After Seizure

November 26, 1987

Los Angeles County Supervisor Kenneth Hahn, who is still recovering from a stroke suffered nearly a year ago, experienced a "very mild" seizure Wednesday and was taken briefly to a South-Central Los Angeles hospital, then released.

Press aide Dan Wolf said the 67-year-old Hahn was rushed to Martin Luther King Jr./Drew Medical Center for observation and tests after he became disoriented and complained of dizziness during an awards ceremony at a nearby high school.

"He was released after about an hour, and the doctors have determined that he suffered a very mild seizure because of the dosage of medication he was taking," Wolf said, adding that the dosage has been adjusted.

Hahn had been taking medication after suffering a seizure last September, eight months after a stroke left him partially paralyzed. Wolf said Hahn suffered no lasting effects from this latest occurrence, which took place after the supervisor spoke to about about 40 people at the Martin Luther King Jr./Drew Magnet School, a high school for science-oriented students.

Hahn, who has been on the board for 35 years, went home after leaving the hospital and plans to return to work next week after the Thanksgiving holidays, Wolf said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|