Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsArt

MORNING REPORT

Art

December 08, 1987|DEBORAH CAULFIELD | Arts and entertainment reports from The Times, national and international news services and the nation's press

Restorers of Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper" say it will take at least two years to complete repair work on the celebrated 15th-Century fresco. Pinin Baccillon Brambilla, who is overseeing the restoration, said recently that all additions made to the fresco by previous artists and restorers would be removed. He said parts of the fresco had been irretrievably damaged because of dust, temperature changes and traffic vibration.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|