Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsFixme

Over $50 Million in Quake Aid OKd

December 20, 1987|From United Press International

More than $50 million in emergency disaster aid has been approved for about 30,000 applicants who asked for government assistance after the Oct. 1 earthquake, officials said Saturday.

The quake, centered in the Whittier area, caused more than $200 million in damage, prompting aid requests from 30,659 families, individuals and businesses, said Charlotte Button, a spokeswoman for the state emergency services office.

As of Saturday, the last day for filing aid applications, $50.1 million in aid requests had been approved.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|