Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

$100,000 Fire Caused by Candle, Officials Say

December 23, 1987

A fallen candle caused a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Capistrano Beach on Tuesday, fire officials said.

The fire began about 1:30 p.m. in a mobile home belonging to Elfride Lemke. It threatened to engulf neighboring homes in the Villa San Juan Mobile Estates trailer park on Camino Capistrano before 20 firefighters controlled the blaze, Orange County Fire Capt. Patrick McIntosh said.

No one was hurt, but the blaze apparently caused an elderly man who lived next door to the burning trailer to have chest pains, McIntosh said.

The man, Henry Dath, 87, was in stable condition Tuesday night at San Clemente General Hospital. Damage to the home and contents was estimated at $100,000.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|