Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Newswire

January 31, 1988

Jade Hunter, runner-up in his last two races, took the lead out of the gate and held off a late rally by Cryptoclearance to win the $200,000 Grade I Donn Handicap at Hallandale, Fla.

Bruce McNall, owner of the Kings, owns 90% of Jade Hunter, while Jerry Buss, owner of the Lakers, has the other 10%.

Jade Hunter covered the 1 1/8 miles in 1:48 2/5, two seconds off the track record, and paid $9.40, $3.60 and $2.60. Cryptoclearance paid $3.00 and $2.40. Personal Flag finished third and returned $2.60.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|