Advertisement

Newswire

February 15, 1988

Rico Leroy Marshall, 18, died Saturday at Prince George's Hospital Center in Cheverly, Md., apparently of a drug overdose, three days after accepting a scholarship to play at South Carolina.

According to police, Marshall told his girlfriend he had to swallow about a half dozen chunks of the powerful cocaine derivative crack as police approached him on a Suitland street corner about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Marshall became ill in his Glenarden home and was taken to the hospital, where he died at 4:10 a.m.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|