Address: 21501 Chapman Ave., Orange.
Description: The county's oldest regional park encompasses 477 acres of oak and sycamore groves set among rolling foothills, bisected by Santiago Creek. It was dedicated in 1897 as Orange County Park after James Irvine Jr. sold the original 160 acres to the county for $1.
Facilities: The park offers individual and group picnic sites, a paved bicycle/walking trail and equestrian paths, playgrounds, softball fields and volleyball courts, a bandstand/stage, a small zoo, historical sites and a nature area. Concessions near the historic boathouse include a snack stand, rentals of "aquacycles" for the boat pond, and bicycle rentals.
Hours: The park is now on summer hours, 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Winter hours (Nov. 1-March 31) are 7 a.m. to sunset.
Admission: $1.50 per vehicle ($7.50 for buses).
Information: (714) 633-8072.