YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Tips to Homeowners

May 15, 1988|Armand L. Fontaine

Question: Is there any periodical that can tell me how to sell or buy a home? I can find no publications that deal directly with this matter.

Answer: The National Assn. of Realtors has a wonderful, 34-page magazine-type brochure called "Home Guide--How to Buy and How to Sell." It has a lot of information for first-time buyers and sellers or for more sophisticated individuals.

Under "How to Buy," the primary titles are: "Is This the Time To Buy Your First Home?" "How Much House Can You Afford?" "A Moving Experience," "A Real Estate Agent Can Help" and "Solve the Mortgage Puzzle."

Under "How to Sell": "Price Your House to Sell," "Team Up With a Real Estate Agent," "Spruce Up Your Home," "Your Bottom Line" and "Words and Definitions to know."

This booklet can be obtained from the National Assn. of Realtors at 1455 Greenleaf Ave., Elk Grove Village, Ill. 60007. The price is $1.20.

Q: Is there any firm that specializes in waterproofing and providing a non-skid surface on decks and steps in apartment houses?

A: A firm called "ARA International Contractors Inc.," at 6363 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 214, Los Angeles, 90048, applies waterproof deck coating. They prepare the surface by applying a fiberglass mat and then using an initial coat of acrylic laminating resin to the fiberglass and then applying an acrylic resin, followed by a sealing coat.

This waterproof coating is available in a standard range of customized colors.

Los Angeles Times Articles