Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Local News in Brief : Anaheim : Man Dies in Blaze; Smoking Link Possible

Orange County Digest

May 16, 1988

An Anaheim man died Saturday in a fire that may have started from a cigarette left on a couch, authorities said.

Wade Maxwell Freedman, 43, was dead after suffering "quite a bit of smoke inhalation" when firefighters found him in his house at 1361 S. Easy Way about 11:20 p.m., Fire Capt. Jim Cox said. Freedman lived alone in the house and was a smoker, Cox said. The fire started in a smoldering couch, he said.

Damage to the house and contents was estimated at $80,000.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|