Following is a complete list of Orange County landmarks designated by the California Office of Historic Preservation: ANAHEIM LANDING After the establishment of the Mother Colony at Anaheim in 1857, a wharf and warehouse were constructed at the mouth of Anaheim Creek to serve the Santa Ana Valley. Treacherous entrance conditions caused several disasters, but steamers loaded with wine, wool and other cargo continued to dock here regularly. Use of the seaport began to decline in 1875 with the incursion of the Southern Pacific Railroad into the area. By 1890, the landing was no longer in operation. Location: A plaque marks the site at the Seal Way entrance to the Naval Weapons Station, Seal Beach. BALBOA PAVILION A 10,000-square-foot "bay side pleasure palace," the Balboa Pavilion had its grand opening July 1, 1906. A festive and popular attraction, the pavilion's restaurants and dance halls were a draw for people from miles around. Eighty-two years later, the pavilion continues to attract fun-seekers with its restaurant, shops and harbor/Catalina cruises. Location: 400 Main St., Balboa. BARTON MOUND In January 1857, Sheriff James R. Barton and three of his five-man posse were ambushed and murdered near a mound about 300 yards southwest of where the Laguna Freeway crosses the San Diego Creek. Their killers, a band of desperadoes led by the notorious bandit Juan Flores, were pursued by more than 150 men and eventually apprehended (see Flores Peak).