JERUSALEM — An Israeli woman's all-out war on a cockroach launched a series of mishaps that put her unsuspecting husband in the hospital with burns, two broken ribs and a cracked pelvis.
The incident, reported Thursday by the Jerusalem Post, occurred last week when a woman from the Tel Aviv area, whose name was withheld, found a cockroach in her living room.
She stomped the bug and tossed it into the toilet. When the critter refused to die, she sprayed an entire can of insecticide into the toilet bowl to finish it off.
Her unsuspecting husband came home from work moments later, perched on the toilet seat and lit up a cigarette. When he finished smoking, he tossed the butt into the toilet.
The cigarette ignited the insecticide fumes and burned "his sensitive parts," the Post reported.
As they carried the man down the steps of his house, paramedics asked how he received the peculiar burns.
When he responded, they laughed and accidentally dropped the stretcher, causing the man further injuries, the Post said.