PERTH, Australia — France's Henri Leconte withdrew Tuesday from the Hopman Cup tennis competition, due to begin Dec. 28 in Perth.
Leconte, who will be replaced by Thierry Tulasne, was forced out of the inaugural world team tennis championship for both men and women with an ankle injury, officials said.
"Henri was still hoping to come to Perth, but the injury will keep him out of action for at least another three weeks," said cup promoter Paul McNamee.
Leconte badly injured his ankle in the Masters in New York last week. McNamee said the withdrawal of Leconte has caused a change of team seedings and an alteration to the schedule.