Advertisement
 

Local News in Brief : Lancaster Man, 3 Others Die in Motel

Metro Digest

February 09, 1989

Four people, including a Lancaster man, were found dead, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning, in a Mesa, Ariz., motel room Wednesday.

Mesa Police Sgt. Mike Hayes identified the victims as Al Stjernberg, 26, of Lancaster; Sandra Rae Magness, 25, of Quartz Hill, Calif., and Magness' two children, Amanda Magness, 18 months, and Jessica Magness, 8 months.

An employee of the Florian Motel found the bodies of the four, along with a dead German shepherd, Hayes said. The victims had checked into the motel Sunday.

Stjernberg, Sandra Magness and one of the children had been seen by other motel residents early Tuesday afternoon, Hayes said.

He said that the family apparently had come from California to Arizona job-hunting and that Stjernberg had just found a job.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|