Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsFixme

Digest

Paramount : 4 Injured in Apartment Fire Started by Cigarette

February 16, 1989

A fire at a Paramount apartment Wednesday morning injured four people, including a pregnant mother and two of her sons.

Robin Martin, 23, and her son, Joshua Pritchett, 18 months, suffered smoke inhalation and face and hand burns. Another son, Raymond Pritchett Jr., 3, sustained smoke inhalation. The three were rescued by firefighters.

The father, Raymond Pritchett, 30, suffered smoke inhalation and back burns as he fled the building at 16213 S. Huntsaker Ave. with a third child, Jason Martin, 4, who was uninjured. Pritchett, Martin and Raymond were in stable condition at Charter Suburban Hospital. Joshua was in critical condition.

The fire was started by a cigarette that had smoldered in a sofa before erupting in flames, county fire officials said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|