* Charles W. Walton has been installed as the 1989 president of the Pasadena and Foothill chapter of the American Institute of Architects. Other new officers are Roger O. Cocke, vice president and president-elect; Scott F. Gaudineer, secretary, and Thomas A. Zartl, treasurer.
* Nadene Bristow has been promoted from public relations assistant to director of corporate communications for Tishman West Cos. Bristow will supervise all press relations, advertising, special events and production of all material for a property portfolio of more than 21 million square feet.
* ACCOLADES: The Orange County chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Assn. has honored Barbara Steck of Signal Development Corp. as its 1988 Member of the Year, and Jennifer Corbett-Shramo as its Associate Member of the Year.
* Three announcements have come from Ticor Title Insurance: Richard C. White has been promoted to executive vice president and Western Region manager, which will bring the responsibility of uniting all of the firm's California marketing activities under his direction while working out of the San Francisco headquarters; Joseph C. Bonita, senior vice president, has been appointed chief underwriting counsel and will be based in its Los Angeles headquarters, and Rose M. Angiuli has been named district manager for Ticor's Riverside operations, overseeing escrow and title services, personnel and administrative duties.
* James Reiser Jr. has moved up from director of marketing to vice president and San Diego County manager of Chicago Title Co. He joined the company in 1984.
* Continental Land Title Co.'s Orange County office has named Jim John vice president and sales manager. He will direct the residential resale sales staff and the financial services group in the area. The Santa Ana firm is a subsidiary of Lawyers Title Insurance Corp.
* The mortgage banking firm of Dwyer-Curlett & Co. has brought in Christa S. Scarpelli as assistant vice president in income property loan production. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the firm specializes in the placement of real estate financing with life insurance companies, pension funds and other institutional sources.
* Teresa Humphrey has become the first woman to rise through the ranks and be promoted to project manager at Moreley Construction Co. Humphrey will be on the team overseeing the construction of the downtown California Plaza's 21-story Museum Apartment Tower.
* Larry Smith has been given a new role at Coleman Homes in Rancho California as vice president and Southern California division manager. Smith will oversee the entire scope of the its operations, including land acquisition, governmental permit processing, marketing construction and customer service. Coleman has also announced a new manager of customer service, Debi R. Douglas. She will coordinate final work by subcontractors and handle customer services.
* Larry Freeberg, a vice president and 26-year veteran of Swinerton & Walberg, has been put in charge of the the firm's Los Angeles structural division. He will be based at its Los Angeles office. The firm has celebrated over 100 years of business.
* Watt Homes Inc. has promoted Mark McLaughlin from controller to vice president/controller at its Torrance headquarters. He will be in charge of all its financial activities. Watts has also promoted Gary Herschel to director of construction and will direct construction and land development activities at the new townhouse communities of SummerWind and Chatelaine in Torrance's master-planned Park Del Amo.
* Cynthia Condrey has been named office manager at Oliver-McMillan, a San Diego-based commercial real estate development firm.
* John Swanson of Blue Sky Landscaping Co., Granada Hills, has been installed as president of the San Fernando Valley chapter of the California Landscape Contractors Assn. Other new officers are: vice presidents, Larry Cleveland, Cleveland Landscaping, Glendale; Paul Major, Major Landscape Co., Malibu; treasurer, Gordon Larson, Larson Landscaping & Maintenance, Sepulveda; and secretary, James Gibbons, Gibbons Landscape Inc., Granada Hills.
* Thomas W. Davis has been appointed first vice president, chief financial officer for Coldwell Banker Residential Group of Newport Beach. He will continue to serve as first vice president of operations and on the board of directors. The Residential Group operates companies that supply a complete range of residential real estate services, including brokerage, financing, title, escrow and relocation.
* ACCOLADES: CitiPacific has named Michael Carr Salesperson of the Year. The West Los Angeles firm provides commercial real estate brokerage services for property owners and tenants on the Westside.