Advertisement
 

Fire Damages Repair Shop in Sepulveda

Digest / Local News in Brief

April 13, 1989

An electrical fire erupted in a Sepulveda transmission repair shop early Wednesday, causing $130,000 in damage to the structure and its contents, fire officials said.

The fire broke out about 3:40 a.m. at Steve's Automatic Transmission Service in the 9000 block of Sepulveda Boulevard, said Jim Wells, Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman.

It took 45 firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze, Wells said. There were no injuries.

Six cars stored in the repair shop were partially damaged by the fire, which Wells said was caused by an electrical short inside the building.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|