Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsMurder

NAMES IN THE NEWS : Suspect Profiled on TV Gives Up

November 07, 1989|From Times Staff and wire service reports

CHICAGO — Murder suspect Samuel (Sandman) Dillon, profiled just two days earlier on the television program "America's Most Wanted," surrendered to police today.

Dillon surrendered to spare his family further hounding by investigating officers, said his attorney David Peilet. "The heat was getting to be too much," Peilet said.

Since the Sunday night showing of "America's Most Wanted," a spokesman for Fox Broadcasting said about 150 viewers had called in information about Dillon.

Dillon, 44, had been eluding police since 1981 when he was accused of supervising one killing, then killing the gunman because he let a witness to the first killing get away.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|