* Wilson High won its third straight Moore League game, defeating Millikan, 17-0, to clinch a spot in the playoffs. It was the Bruins' second consecutive shutout.
* Leon Neal of Paramount rushed for 201 yards and two touchdowns as the Pirates defeated Downey, 35-0. Neal has gained more than 1,000 yards this season, averaging more than 14 a carry.
* Whittier Christian's Scott Jordan gained 140 yards and teammate Ron Papazian scored 3 TDs as the unbeaten Heralds won a showdown with Valley Christian, 21-18.
* Montebello quarterback Ray Maldonado threw five touchdown passes as the Oilers stopped Whittier, 35-28.
* Artesia, which once had a 2-0 Suburban League record, lost its third straight league game, 21-6, to Glenn.
* Jordan lost to Lakewood, 26-21, and fell to 1-8 overall and 1-3 in the Moore League.
* St. Anthony made six turnovers in losing, 17-0, to St. Bernard. The Saints, 3-6 overall, have lost three straight games.
* Downey, a 35-0 loser to Paramount, has a five-game San Gabriel Valley League losing streak. In those games the Vikings have been outscored, 144-22.
* California High of Whittier, which lost to El Rancho, 42-16, has lost five consecutive games. The Condors are 1-8.