Regarding Mike Spencer's article, "Readers Angry but Still Unable to Find Case of Halloween Horror" (Nov. 9), you might be interested in a book by Hal Morgan: "Rumor." In it he debunks a number of "urban myths," including:
* Woman finds rat in Kentucky Fried Chicken.
* You can get high by smoking banana peels.
* Walt Disney wanted his remains put in cryonic freeze, but his family ignored the request and had him cremated instead (only the cremation part is true).
* The oil companies are suppressing the development of a "pill" (or carburetor) that would allow cars to travel 100 miles on a gallon of gas.
* The tobacco companies own marijuana fields in Mexico and have a design for marijuana cigarette packs all set to put on the market the moment pot is legalized.