Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsDogs

House Fire Traced to Dog's Electric Blanket

January 09, 1990| United Press International

TULSA, Okla. — An electric blanket used as a bed for the family dog on a back porch started a fire that caused $375,000 in damage to the house, firefighters said.

Amos Eugene Taylor said he put the blanket in an outdoor box for Dobie, a Doberman pinscher that had refused to sleep indoors since its companion, a dachshund, died last year. Taylor's son was awakened by a smoke alarm Sunday, and the family escaped the fire unhurt, firefighters said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|